Friday, October 26, 2007

Booze Bros. Tasting - Belgians

I took a little trip down to Booze Bros. tonight to try some of their new Belgian beers. Let me just say that I really wish that I would've brought a notebook, because it's very hard for me to remember all of the beers that I had tonight (and my thoughts on their flavor too). Of the beers that I do remember, here are my favorites/beers of note.

  • Mc Chouffe from Brasserie d'Achouffe - I really liked this one. It is an 8.5% ABV Scottish-style dark ale that had a great aroma and taste. It was much better than the other Brasserie d'Achouffe beer I tried, which was their lighter flavored La Chouffe.

  • Grand Cru from Brasserie de l'Abbaye des Rocs - This was a great tasting Belgian strong dark ale with a great aroma to boot. I liked it even more than the Mc Chouffe, especially because it was 9.5% ABV, but didn't taste like it...it was ridiculously smooth.

  • Gulden Draak from Brouwerij van Steenberge - This tripel beer kicked my butt and made me feel all warm inside, and at 10.5% ABV, I'm not surprised.

  • I had a Gueuze (the name escapes me) that was very interesting. It tasted and smelled like sour orange...not something you would expect in a beer. I liked it, but it was the most polarizing beer of the night, with people either loving it or hating it intensely.


All in all, a great tasting.


I can't wait until 2 weeks from now, when they're tasting all of the Deschutes brews, including Jubelale. See you there!


Prost!

No comments: